- Madagascar is among the poorest countries in the world with 75% of the population living on less than $1.90 per day. (World Bank 2019)
- Madagascar has the world’s fourth highest rate of chronic malnutrition, with almost one child in two under five years of age suffering from stunting. (World Bank 2019) This is the 5th highest rate in the world.
- 12 million (C,.50% of population) people in Madagascar do not have access to clean and safe water. (Water Aid 2020)
- 22.8 million don't have a decent toilet (Water Aid 2020) Ranking it 3rd worst in the world.
- More than 8,500 children die annually from diarrhoea. (Water Aid 2020)
- Only 13% of the population have access to electricity. (World Bank)
- Madagascar is one of the countries most severely affected by climate change, experiencing on average 3 cyclones a year.
- In Madagascar, over 25% of the population are illiterate (UNESCO). 28% of those aged 15+ and 51% of those over 65 can’t read or write (UNESCO)
Adsum Foundation aims to help communities and individuals break the cycle of poverty through the delivery of sustainable projects in four key areas, giving communities access to essential services such as water, education, sanitation and healthcare.
CLICK THE THEME LINKS BELOW TO SEE WHAT WE CAN DO IN MADAGASCAR WITH YOUR HELP: